Massive Speed difference between Mac/PC with SQLite

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 16 06:38:05 EST 2007

On 16/11/07 11:18 AM, "Dave" <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

> Hi,
>
> I have an application that works on Mac and PC. There is a process
> that read an XML file, re-arranges the data and writes a record to an
> SQLite database. On the Mac, to build a 10,000 Tracks database takes
> around 90 seconds, how ever on the PC the same code (both in the
> Standalone and the IDE) runs, much, much, slower. The same 10,000
> records takes over 10 minutes!
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this should be?

On some reason (which I even don't know)
    Windows is very slow on flush to HDD.
    as well as allocation of new segments.

SqlLite, as you can know, do transaction as lock of full db plus creation
log files on disk.

BIG dbs in contrast, allocate on disk areas e.g. Even in 300MB and later use
it.

Let me know if you will not find solution.

Btw, just for your info:
    Valentina is able add into table with 17-19 fields
    100,000 records in about 2.5-3 seconds (in best time).

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology