(mac) application menu

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:08:04 EST 2007

Mark Schonewille:

****
Maybe I was wrong with my previous suggestion. Have you tried
changing both the Name field in the General pane and the Name field
in the OSX pane?

I did have the same problem some time ago and I am sure I solved it
by changing one of these fields.
****
Yes. I just discovered this for myself. The name that gets put in the
Mac menubar as the application name is the name you specify in the
OSX plist section. Good to know. Thanks.

Now, the other mystery -- I convert my stack to a standalone (now
with the correct application name in the Mac manubar!) and when I
select "quit <myApp> from the application menu, nothing happens.
Anyone have any ideas what could cause this behavior? Per my previous
experiments, this is probably *not* due to anything in my scripting,
as it seems that the quit command is handled by the system. So what
could be the problem?

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig/

--  I know where it's at, but I forget what it's for.