libURLSetFTPStopTime

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 11:06:10 EST 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 04:35, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> However I find that if I am transferring lots of files, that Rev opens
> a new connection for each file regardless and I rapidly get to a stage
> where the server is rejecting my commands because I have too many
> connections open.

Quick response:

Are you doing anything that might close the socket used after each
transfer? This would cause a new session to be opened with the
server, while the server might see the previous session as still
being open.

Are you checking for errors after each download? An error would cause
libUrl to close the socket, which might result in what you are seeing.

Decreasing the stop time as you did causes the session to close
cleanly (using the QUIT command) which will keep the server happy.
However, you shouldn't have to do this.

Dave