username AND password dialog?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Nov 13 13:29:05 EST 2007

Hi Kee,

Le 13 nov. 07 à 19:17, Kee Nethery a écrit :

> I think the answer is no but figured I'd ask anyway since it seems
> like such an obvious feature.
>
> Is there a standard ask dialog that can have two fields for data
> entry? One for the username (cleartext) and one for the password
> (not cleartext)?
>
> At present I pop up two separate ask dialogs, one for the username,
> and one for the password. I know I could spend time and create a
> stack that looks like a standard login dialog but I really don't
> want to spend the time. Is there a way to get the ask dialog to do
> this?
>
> Kee Nethery

As Revolution mimics HyperCard regarding to the standard dialogs,
there is no built-in dialog as the one you suggest.
On the other hand, Rev allows you to build any substack that will be
the exact dialog you need.

As for having a field that allows to enter a password, you'll find
many examples on RevOnline and you might be interested in some
tutorials you'll find on my website:
. How to Display and Manage Ask Dialogs
. How to Display and Manage Answer Dialogs
. How to Ask for a Password

You will access these tutorials through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web or you
can download every tutorial directly.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.