Updating stack without going to it

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Thu Nov 8 10:49:45 EST 2007

Can one make visible changes to a stack (change card, update field
propeties) without actually going to the stack?

I have a situation where I'm trying to update a navigation stack
(which is the mainstack) to reflect having selected any of multiple
open substacks.  I'm using a resumeStack handler to accomplish
this .  The problem is that I get into a recursive situation, as
every time the resumeStack goes out and updates the navigationStack,
it has to return to the substack and the resumeStack is called again,
and around we go.

I know this should be simple, but I'm not getting it.

Thanks,

Mark