Idle handlers and Text files

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Tue Nov 6 11:13:08 EST 2007

Hello Mark!

If my first wife had not asked me to get the "big snip" as an
anniversary present many years ago, I'd name my next male child after
you for that little tidbit.  I may still consider re-naming my first
born male child after you, although at 22, he may have some thoughts on
the matter.

You have saved me DAYS of frustration in tracking down why my
preOpenStack is getting executed AGAIN when I quit the app!  Is that
little item documented anywhere?  Now that I see it in writing and
knowing (a little) about how the message path works, it makes perfect
sense.  I guess I always figured that when I opened another stack, the
message was sent to it.  It never occurred that if there was no
preOpenStack message, that it would get passed back to the caller!
Perhaps that is obvious to everyone but me.

Thanks again!!!

len morgan