Jeanne de Voto cookbook (was Re: ABout the Rev Search Engine (was: Re: Problem with revExecuteSQL - More))

wayne durden wdurden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:15:45 EDT 2007

The bottom line is it's one of those Christopher Alexander Pattern Language
problems...

There is an overall quality of goodness we can't really capture from any one
aspect, we just know what we have had so far isn't quite it...

Longness or shortness, I don't know.  I got immense value out of both the
Hypercard Handbook and conversely Lon Poole's little bitty book that
summarized with an example virtually all of the commands.   That was
actually my favorite, and because it was so small, I would page through it
manually and learn things about commands I didn't even know.  That's what I
feel I need most, but at the same time absolutely new users might need some
Hypercard Handbook introduction to the architectural concepts of stack based
software...  I have not seen this Supercard manual, but from the commentary,
I would like to now.

Surely at least all this focus is moving things in the right direction!

Wayne