Threading and Software Companies

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 01:36:24 EDT 2007

1. Threading.

I access my e-mail account via a standard web-browser,
not via an e-mail client; and I suppose this is why my
messages don't thread.

2. Software Companies.

I don't have a problem with software companies as
such.

However I am confused as to how much, and how Runtime
Revolution interacts with its customers and/or users.

In the recent thread ("Hammering . . .") Heather Nagey
reacted extremely swiftly to an idea that was
initiated by myself - and that is really super.

[The reason for my subsequently posting a list of
other ways that the 'problem' with Classic builds
could be coped with was because I felt that they were
worth sharing]

I also find it odd that my recent posting was
interpreted as a "rant" - it was nothing of the sort;
it was a comment on how I felt RR was working on a
basis that its customers would not require to go on
developing software for semi-obsolete operating
systems. I believe that Runtime Revolution would be
unwise to alienate customers who wish to develop for
those OSes - and they have responded (through Heather
Nagey) in a way which demonstrates that they agree.

For those who find rants interesting all they really
have to do is look at some postings I made in about
2002/3  -I would have thought that the difference
between those and my current postings was obvious.

Scott Kane has a small 'problem' which is that he is
not very keen on Richmond's "tone of voice". Well, the
feeling is fairly mutual; but as we are both adults we
ought to be sensible about this and avoid ruffling
each other's feathers. If the RR use-list only
supported one point of view and one style of writing
it would be worthless.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.