revBrowser OS X refresh problem

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Wed May 30 00:26:12 EDT 2007

Hi

Scott Kane wrote:
 > From: "Andre Garzia" <soapdog at mac.com>
 >
 >> check http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/lexicon
 >
 > Very impressive!

btw Very nice site!

I just happened to be playing with revBrowser on OS X & plugged the url
into the Browser Sampler. The site comes up ok but when you type a
letter and click search the revBrowser window doesn't seem to refresh
itself completely. In particular the section where the "ajax" magic
happens. ie. The "Searching..." text appears briefly then is replaced by
only one line of the results. I then have to manually scroll the
revbrowser window to initiate a refresh & see the complete results. This
does not appear to happen on XP. Anyone else confirm this odd behaviour
on OS X?

Another issue I've noticed is I can't seem to call embedded javascript
functions with revBrowser on OS X. Again using the above website as an
example, if you create a rev button with the command:

ON mouseUp
     revBrowserSet the altBrowserId of this stack, "url",
"javascript:lexiconSearch('a',1);"
     pass mouseUp
END mouseUp

Clicking this button on XP will trigger the javascript function in the
page and display the results in the revBrowser window. Just like
normally entering "a" & pressing search on the page or typing
"javascript:lexiconSearch('a',1);" into a normal browser address bar.
Again this does not seem to function with revBrowser on OS X. You can
test this with the Browser Sampler stack by adding the above button or
removing the source line in the "abLoadURL" function which prepends
"http://"

This really limits the possibilities of revBrowser on OS X.

I'm having trouble accessing rev's qacenter at the moment so will add a
report later if one doesn't already exist.

regards
alex