altID

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon May 28 23:40:53 EDT 2007

Chipp,

If Rev could only be done in this manner, I'd run from it as fast as
I could. Why do you think I liked HC? I spent years trying out all
the other languages, from Fortran thru Assembler to VisualBasic and
FutureBasic. The latter two were acceptably useful, but still not as
good as HC. Even the Externals written using CompileIt were pretty
much pure HC, with slight sidesteps; very useful and generated very
fast code. The only reason I'm not still using HC is the obvious one.
Apple dropped supporting and extending it to meet the new demands of
our current systems.

So, I still think, though I'm sure you are right that Dick has done
and does a remarkable job; it's not my piece of cake. If this is the
evolving direction of Rev, it is the wrong one. Just MHO.

Joe Wilkins