Stack version?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun May 27 23:45:12 EDT 2007

Bill Vlahos wrote:

 > On Saturday, May 26, 2007, at 06:32PM, "Richard Gaskin" wrote:
 >>Bill Vlahos wrote:
 >> > I was wondering how others deal with versionioning their stacks.
 >> > I don't mean the standalones which already have version information
 >> > but regular stacks.
 >>
 >>The ECMI spec at the Rev Interoperability Project (RIP) has
 >> addressed this:
 >>
 >> > I have a stack that is opened by a standalone stub. The standalone
 >> > won't change much but the program stack that is opened will. I want
 >> > to be able to do updates from the Internet that essentially
 >> > replaces the stack.
 >>
 >>There's also support for that sort of thing in the same RIP spec.
 >
 > I don't seem to be able to see any files. Do I need to be a member to
 > get at it (I really hate Yahoo Groups).

Sorry to hear that.  They're free, take less than a minute to subscribe
to, and once you're subscribed there are more than a dozen Rev- and
XTalk-related lists there at Yahoo.  Many find it worth the minute for
the free sign-up.

As an additional convenience I also provide a RIP mirror at revJournal:
<http://www.revjournal.com/features/rip/>

The revJournal mirror isn't complete and does suffer from a lag time in
which the files there may not always be the most recent.  Anyone who
wants to volunteer to maintain that mirror, or any other part of
revJournal, is welcome to.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation