Abode Tools Died -- > Back To RunRev!

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun May 27 06:07:10 EDT 2007

Hi Swami,

> It seems with the upgrade to CS3, as some are saying over at the
> Adobe forums,
>
> "we have paid for a downgrade"
>
> Specifically, Adobe dropped ImageReady and it is no longer possible to
> create and share droplets for photo processing. Sure you can buy
> Fireworks and learn it's powerful batch processing methods, but
> then we would need to spend another $2,000 to purchase 20 seats
> just to let other process photos. (Photoshop's droplets, are still
> deficient... end of the actions will *not* let you over write
> existing files
> without asking...)
>
> OK, so, I'm back to Revolution to do what I've wanted to do for years:
>
> Process the photos right inside Run Rev.
>
> Downsizing, rotating,  setting the image data of a new image to the
> scaled image
> and saving as jpeg... all works fine...
>
> But, I would like to build into the process a few discreet filters
>
> I know about the macho photo processing stack that  I think
> (was it Klaus, or some other Big Rev Brain in Europe)  made

Thank you VERY much for flattering! :-)

But you surely mean Wilhelm Sanke's "Image filter Gallery" here:
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia/index.html>

> but  the interface was a maze of things I would never use
> (I don't need to turn real photos into Van Gogh! however
> cool that might be...)
>
> What we need is to  extract specific filters as discreet tools.
> right now, all I want is:
> -- auto levels
> -- unsharp mask with a specific preset setting.
>
> Has anyone done that yet? Extracted such
> filters as discreet handlers?

Viktoras already told you about ImageMagick, which might be the
best tool for your needs, since Rev can easily be used to control
commandline tools in batchmode.

> Sivakatirswami
> www.himalayanacademy.com

Best