Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 22 17:09:55 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> I repeat my recommendation to add the ability to read EXIF data with the
> detailed files function:

I don't know if I'd like that. To read the EXIF data, every file would
have to be opened and read individually, which would be very
time-consuming. As it is now, a single call to the OS returns all the
information without having to open (or even acknowledge) any files at
all. Reading a lot of files in a folder, just to see if they have EXIF
data, and if so, retrieve that data, would really slow down the detailed
files function for people who aren't working with image files.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com