WARNING BUG ! Rev fails to Communicate

mwieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon May 21 16:20:51 EDT 2007

Camm29 -

> Mark ,
>
> Is Rev that bad , for fixing bugs ?

Not at all. I had a particular and esoteric bug which, unfortunately for me,
was a blocker. Fortunately the app I was working on didn't have much GUI
interaction, and proved to be a quick write in C. The other work I've done
with serial ports in rev has worked out just fine, and being able to cobble
together a GUI frontend in rev allowed me to get my debugging done in close
to no time at all.

I'd agree with Chris here that your problems are probably more on the driver
end of things than on the rev engine side. Hanging the computer is a pretty
serious symptom, especially if you've got a timeout callback implemented, so
I think it's worth the bug report you filed.

But I'd also try unplugging the serial device when the system hangs to see
if that brings it back to life before trying the power cycle.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net