Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 21 15:54:32 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> But this does not explain the "phantastic" date of "Jan 18, 2038" which
> I got for the creation date - item four of the detailed files - when I
> transferred files to my Powerbook with an USB stick.--

Oops, forgot to address this point. It would be interesting to see what
the creation date is on the USB stick, before the transfer. I wonder if
something about USB is munging the date somehow when the file is copied
(I think you suspected this too at some point.) After you've copied the
file to the hard drive, does the creation date listed in the properties
dialog on XP match the unusual year as well?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com