Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 19 18:23:08 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> With "from seconds to long date" I get the same results as with
> "dateitems", namely March 15 for item 4 of the detailed files - which is
> the "transfer" date, i.e. *not* the creation date that is part of the
> EXIF information.

I think Rev just makes a call to the OS to get the info. If the detailed
file info matches the Finder (or the info in Windows Explorer) then I
think the behavior is correct. Rev doesn't actually read any of the
files itself, it just gets whatever the OS returns.

> Same for item 5, "May 19", and "March 4" who could indeed be construed
> as modification dates.
>
> But then, it seems there is no reliable procedure to get at the creation
> dates when you use "the detailed files" - meaning the docs are not fully
> correct here.

See if they match what the OS thinks they should be. If they do, then I
think it's working. If you need to read the stored EXIF data instead,
then you'd need to use Alex's utility or something similar.

When I copy files to my Windows box, it too changes the creation date
sometimes.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com