Protect a folder of pictures

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Fri May 18 15:15:45 EDT 2007

Hi Ludovic,

I think you're wasting your time trying to protect pictures. If you
use them, someone will find a way to copy them. Maybe you could come
up with a scheme to scramble the pixels and then unscramble them in
your program when you use them, but that is going to take a lot of
effort and will really slow down the performance of the program at
some point. I'd say you should just write a pretty threatening
copyright notice and then make sure you follow up on it. That will
scare most away. The others would take a baseball bat along side the
head.

Just MHO,

Joe Wilkins