Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri May 18 13:11:21 EDT 2007

Great advice, Chipp.

  As one who recently had two or three bugs fixed directly due to my
efforts,  it really happens. What helped immensely was that I
included a video clip to show events leading up to the problem, and a
talking narrative at the same time.  Also the crash reports furnished
by the operating systeme are invaluable. I always try to get a nice
'package' together before making a report and it really pays off.

It took hours, but was well worth it.

On the mac, the shareware iShowU  is wonderful for this, and if you
use the 'apple animation' codec, the files can be quite small.
http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html

  - it's $20 and with a $40 USB headset you can make pro quality
how-to videos of any size. I found the audio out of the headset
(logitech at Radioshack) was more appropriate and intelligible than
any of my pro vintage microphones.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o