Build for Classic

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Fri May 18 13:23:05 EDT 2007

Joe,
I found the transparency annoying as well.
But Apple has toned it down. I'm running 10.4.9 and all of my windows are
appropriately solid.
I liked OS 7 and was disappointed when the initial OS 8 lacked some of the OS
7 features. The original OS 9 did not work as well as OS 8.6 (especially the
networking) but it got better. The initial OS X did not have a lot of the
things we took for granted in OS 9 (labels, springloaded folders, etc.), for that
matter the initial version could not even print!
At this point OS X does everything for me that OS 9 did - and a lot more.
OS 9 is dead. It will never run better. It will never run faster. It will be
harder and harder to find computers that run it at all. Developers have less
and less incentive to develop for it.
Meanwhile OS X gets better with each version. It runs faster because it runs
on new computers with faster CPUs today. And tomorrow it will be running on
even faster CPUs. It is the future.
Maybe, someday, I'll even learn to like the dock.
Paul Looney