Using Rev to Access MySql over the LAN

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon May 14 20:47:03 EDT 2007

Swami -- to see how MySQL works and to experiment, try the thin client

<http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dlpage.php?id=17838&db=mac&pid=34263&kind=&lnk=http%3A%2F%2Fcocoamysql.sourceforge.net%2Fbeta%2FCocoaMySQL_0.7b5.zip>CocoaMYSQL.

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dlpage.php?id=17838&db=mac&pid=34263&kind=&lnk=http%3A%2F%2Fcocoamysql.sourceforge.net%2Fbeta%2FCocoaMySQL_0.7b5.zip

this will help you get examine and change the data, if desired, as
well as add extra tables. Also Import/export and SQL Dump and upload.
And a window to directly enter SQL commands.

You could use a web based client, but I think this works better. The
next level up for the mac would be thin client Navicat.

After getting the client installed, you can immediately play with the syntax.
There's a great documentation of MySQL at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/index.html

REV
Sarah's stacks are most helpful to 'get' what's happening..
http://www.troz.net/Rev/tutorials.php

her stack MySQLtests.rev has some of the functionality of CocoaMySQL
and MySQL.rev is a simple command client, both built in Rev.

As far as working within Rev with MySQL - PLEASE check into Trevor's
SQL library to save a lot of grief...

http://mangomultimedia.com/download/revolution/libDatabase/libDatabase_2.zip

--

stephen barncard