Connect to SQL Server via ODBC on Mac?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon May 14 12:22:53 EDT 2007

My experience with ODBC has always been HORRIBLE on the Mac; this
goes back to something called Butler in the early 90's.  I've since
chosen alterative database connectivity systems since then so I can't
speak for modern implementations...

Is it possible that ODBC support is being phased out on the Mac? Is
there a point where upgrading the server might be more cost
effective? Or is this something that you can't control?

The idea of "middleware" for database access always gave me the creeps...

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o