performance of RevXML

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:42:09 EDT 2007

A 20MB file will certainly be slow to make into an XML tree, say 60 to
90 seconds on typical machine and around 300MB RAM useage.
I'm working with files up to around 30MB for some software of mine
thats in progress. I haven't tried to implement any better solution at
present - I'll be warning that they may need 1GB of RAM or
more..should generally be achievable for my target market. I'm
thinking of using the  'hasmemory' function to generate a memory
warning if necessary before creating the tree, although the
documentation says it may not return useful values. It seems to be too
conservative on windows at least

regards
Martin