Valentina 3 Major Upgrade to Ultra Fast Database Released

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Mon May 7 08:13:10 EDT 2007

Lynn... If I'm just getting started using Valentina with Rev and I
eventually want to place my app on a Mac server, which isn't ready yet, but
currently am developing on my MacBook Pro, what version of Valentina should
I get?  Jim

on 5/3/07 7:20 PM, Lynn Fredricks wrote:

> [...]
> automatically occur periodically.
> User Variables.  Server solutions can get and set user variables on a per
> database basis.
> Improved Packet Based Protocol. Performance improvements with Server
> communications builds on previous releases that allow greater compatibility
> between different versions of clients and servers.
>
> Paradigma Software is also announcing new operating system support for
> Valentina Office Server and most developer products: native Linux support.
> This includes Valentina Developer Network support for Linux targets with
> REAL Software REALbasic, Runtime Revolution, C++, and Valentina Embedded
> Server, including server scripting with PHP 4/5+ and Ruby on Rails
> framework. Core Valentina 3 technology is officially supported on Ubuntu
> 7.x, SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop and Red Hat Desktop, with compatibility
> with x86 based distributions running GTK 2.x.
>
> The release of Valentina 3 also has hundreds of minor performance
> improvements and solutions to customer reported issues.
>
> Valentina Developer Network solution provider Thorsten Hohage of
> objectmanufactur developed an EOF-like database framework that was
> originally based around mySQL. Mr Hohage reports that he ported the solution
> to Valentina in under four hours. Now large SELECT statements that ran
> upwards of five minutes take less than five seconds under Valentina 3. "The
> advancements culminating in Valentina 3 make Valentina a worthy successor to
> mySQL projects that require better performance for complex queries. I am
> profoundly happy over our move to Valentina." said Thorsten Hohage.
>
> Valentina database products, available on Windows,  Mac OS X and Linux, are
> based on the unique Valentina database engine - an object-relational
> database engine known for extreme speed. When porting to Valentina, hours
> become minutes, minutes become seconds when it comes to storing, retrieving
> and querying databases. Valentina supports all modern standards - native
> Unicode, XML import/export and ODBC connectivity.
>
> Valentina Developer Network Platform Edition includes a set of tools for all
> supported operating systems of one development environment - and allows
> deployment of Valentina Embedded Database Server, royalty free. In addition,
> VDN Platform Edition includes reseller options, VDN Platform Edition sells
> for $599. Developers that want to build only local database solutions can
> license Valentina ADK products, starting at $199.
>
> About Paradigma Software, Inc
>
> Founded in 1998, Beaverton, Oregon-based Paradigma Software, Inc is the
> leading provider of incredibly fast and robust database solutions for
> business and development. Valentina 2 technology powers solutions as diverse
> as graphics applications from major Japanese electronics companies to
> solutions supporting US public schools. Paradigma Software solutions are
> available for every major development environment on the Windows and

HiringSmart Canada is a successful international end-to-end human resource
support business
> providing science-based assessments and productivity tools to multi-branch
> businesses
> where each branch, without the help of an HR professional, attracts, hires and
> engages THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

We Help You Attract, Hire and Keep the Right People.
www.TalentSeeker.ca   www.HiringSmart.ca   www.KeepingTheBest.ca

HiringSmart Canada
23 Shoal Cove Road, Seabright, Nova Scotia, Canada.  B3Z 3A9
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139