smartDraw and alternatives

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 13:41:09 EDT 2007

On 5/6/07 10:01 AM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> Chipp,
> Just curious as to what kind of drawings you CAN do with Flash.
> Thanks,
> Joe

My take is that it would not really good for the architectural tools you are
used to, Joe.  Not even close to Dreams, or the like.  Old versions of Flash
have a quite different way of working with drawing objects.  Takes getting
used to, and layer management is essential, but weak.

 Flash does have some amazingly good algorithms for rendering.  You might
think more about exporting from a good drawing program, then importing into
Flash.  Now you can apply Flash tools to get something that will render
precisely.

You could do a special effect of a before-home and an after-remodel where
Flash does all the 'tweening' calculations to animate the change!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas