From Planet Bizarre!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Mar 30 20:24:54 EDT 2007

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> The Safari poked the player object in Rev with imagedata!
>
> Is it possible that the user accidentally saved the image to the same
> folder with the mp3 files? And that your Rev stack is auto-loading files
> from that folder?

Nope, not possible, would assume that this user would have any
idea how to save an image from a web page... besides the image
data attached was the complete video info for what would be a composite
of the screen area of the web page she was on (or the pop up that opened
without her asking for it.) that's not a single image but a HTML block...

> Normally I wouldn't suggest that this happened, but after spending the
> last couple of months teaching a computer novice, I'm convinced they are
> some of the best test beds for Murphy's Law.

Right, it took me 1/2 of coaching over the phone to get her to take a
screen
shot, and send that as an attachment by her yahoo web mail account,

Q: "Oh dear... it's gone now... "
A: "It's on your desktop"
Q: "But I have other windows in the way now...what do I do?"

fortunately it was not a windows user. I've tried mentoring novice windows
users on their machine. I eventually just give up and, they come to the sad
realization that they can't be of any service to us. (And some of these
have used windows machine for 15 years.)

....."Ok start by making a new folder"
A: "Oh gee, I  don't know how to do that" (windows user for 15 years)
...."Well there must be a simple way in Windows. on the mac you just
type shift-cmd-N"
A:  ummm... I don't know... how
...."there *must* be a way to make a new folder.. .but first you better
navigate
to your documents folder."
A: "How do I do that?"

(smile)