Dropped Menu Bar

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 05:24:57 EDT 2007

--- Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at Cox.Net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, it took me a few weeks, but I finally managed
> to get RR to do
> something truly awful! I just lost the entire Menu
> Bar for my main
> stack. When I select the Build Menu tool, it no
> longer lists the Menu
> Bar I've been developing. Any ideas as to how I can
> recover it? I
> hate the thought of building it all over again.
>
> I may have a fairly recent back up, but not as
> recent as I would
> like, from which I could copy something if I knew
> what to copy.
>
> TIA,
>
> Joe Wilkins

Hi Joe,

Menubars are actually implemented as groups of
pulldown menu buttons. The advantage of this approach
is that you can more easily 'skin' the appearance of
your application. However, this approach makes it a
little easier to delete by accident if you don't
realize it's sitting there along with your other
groups - especially if you like to nest groups and mix
in backgroundbehavior.
As there's only single-level undo, and deleting a
group from the application browser appears to be an
action that can't be undone, you'll have to bring it
back to life from a backup, I'm afraid.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>