trying to replace perl cgi with rev

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 29 20:34:39 EDT 2007

wayne durden wrote:

> I swear sometimes I believe I am net more productive saving the script one
> line at a time for any change and ftp'ing it up and testing, no matter how
> small the change.

Actually, I do that a lot. :)

For those on a Mac, I highly recommend BBEdit and Fetch for cgi work.
Fetch allows you to edit a file directly on the server; it opens the
file with BBEdit and when you save your changes in BBEdit, they become
live immediately. It avoids the whole download/edit/re-upload cycle.
There may be other FTP programs that interact with BBEdit the same way,
I just happen to own Fetch.

If there are similar programs for Windows, maybe someone knows and will
tell us.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com