exportscripts.rev

Bill at iGame3D bill at igame3d.com
Wed Mar 28 23:01:05 EDT 2007

Josh Mellicker wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:
> This stack has been super helpful to me over the last couple days,
> anyone try it out?
> http://leapingbrain.com/stacks/exportscripts.rev.zip

Sure did. I've been exporting scripts from stacks for ages.
I prefered a system that used folder hiearchies.
Only used my exports once in while but they do help.

This exporter is nice and quick, but...
After much applescript file name processing I have a 512 file result from
exportScripts.rev
http://www.igame3d.com/rev/text/ig3d_ui_main/
http://www.igame3d.com/rev/text/ig3d_ui_main/

Yeah I should have done the web friendly naming in the stack, but at 4AM
an apple script menu  is less prone to bugs than scripting someone elses
stack.

I would totally love to be able to process those scripts out to look like
this:
http://www.igame3d.com/rev/testheader.html
http://www.igame3d.com/rev/testheader.html

And somehow keep track of and comment on revisions in something like this:

go stack URL "http://www.igame3d.com/rev/scriptHarvesterig3d032807.rev"

Getting colorized and formatted scripts on the web with
example pictures and comments and keeping track of seperate files
that process creates is a nightmare that makes me avoid making
documentation.

It would be great if there was a one or three click solution for that.
Screensteps is almost there.

Mr Bill