Methodology forprogramming challenge

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Mar 26 17:12:34 EDT 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:13:39 -0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>>> My initial reaction is to say that the job is more trouble than it
>>> is worth, and give it a pass. But I thought I'd ask here to see if
>>> anyone has any ideas.
>>
>> Could you use imageSource elements in a field, and adjust their
>> location using textShift? That way you'd still have "text"
>> selectability... it'd still be a bear to manage, but not as bad as
>> buttons...
>
> I don't think textshift allows multiple symbols to be stacked
> vertically within the same character space -- but maybe I don't
> understand what you mean.

Actually I was thinking that each line would hold a different
character, adjusted up or down accordingly. For those places where one
large character would take up two lines, the line above would be empty
to give the appearance that they're stacked on top of each other. A lot
of work, granted, but it's possible...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com