Getting Fonts to display correctly in Linux

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 25 13:36:10 EDT 2007

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> When I do this on Debian, there are only two fonts that display properly at
> sizes over 24 point: Bitstream Charter and Courier 10point.  The behaviour
> Jacque reports occurs with the rest, you pick a too large font, and it
> defaults to 10 point.  It does this at very small sizes too by the way,
> defaulting upwards.
>
> Now, this is almost certainly a peculiarity of Rev's interaction with the
> distro, not the distro itself or just Rev.

 From one of my boilerplate tech support responses, I know that fonts in
Rev work with X11 fonts. If a font is not available, Rev searches for
X11 "Helvetica". I don't know exactly what that means yet, but when I
paste it into a reply, Linux users seem to. One of the changes planned
for the unix engine, if I remember right, is to remove some of these old
dependencies. Hopefully the font dependency will be one of them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com