error in function handler revPaletteObjects

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 03:25:24 EDT 2007

On 3/23/07, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> I haven't traced the whole IDE for this, but I think cCurrentObject
> simply stores the object that was last selected. This allows the IDE to
> set up the property inpsector correctly when you open it, for example.

Then why is it only* in editable fields, not label fields, buttons etc. *I
haven't checked every object, but the Property Inspector seems to do OK with
label fields yet they don't have cCurrentObject.

> It won't have any bearing on your own stack, it isn't used anywhere
> except in the IDE. If you select a different object, the property will
> update itself according to rules I have no idea about.

This is what I'm banking on. I've spent far too much time (and now some
other peoples valuable time) on something that simply didn't need to be
worried about.

Thanks all, and now back to productive scripting :-)