Bug in "the folders"?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Mar 22 23:46:03 EDT 2007

2.8 mac osx 10.4.9

I think I hit a bug .. "the folders" is skipping any folder that begins
with a space.
this is something new (our team tends to put spaces at the beginning of
folder names
to force to the top. Whether this is "best practice" or not is a
separate issue.

The following "old" directory walker I have use for "decades" from Ken Ray.

Suddenly it is skipping any folders that start with a space.

on directoryWalk gMainFolder

   set the itemDel to "/"
   set the directory to gMainFolder
   put the files into  tFiles
put the files into temp

put fld "ID"  into tID
set the itemdel to "_"
repeat for each line x in temp
   if item 1 of x = tID then put x & cr after tHits
end repeat

   sort temp
   repeat for each line x in temp
     if x is not empty then
       put gMainFolder & "/" & x & cr after gHierList
     end if
   end repeat
   put the folders into tDirList # any folder that begin with space are
not returned here.
   sort tDirList
   delete line 1 of tDirList
   repeat for each line x in tDirList