Revolution File Suffix

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 22 17:19:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:50:39 +0100, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:

> Hi from Paris,
>
> I develop my stacks on a Mac and then move them
> to a PC (Windows XP Pro). The .rev files display as
> RAR Recovery Volume files (I did install WINRAR
> on my PC). Is there a confusion between WINRAR
> files and Revolution files ? What can I do to solve the
> problem ?

Yes - both Rev and WinRAR uses the ".rev" extension.

> In actual fact I don't use WINRAR, so I could sacrifice
> it, because I would like to double-click on a Revolution
> stack and immediately execute it (is this possible ?)

Yes, you should be able to right-clck a .rev file and choose "Open
with..." and select Revolution. Then in the dialog there should be a
checkbox that says something like "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file". Make sure this is checked and click OK.

That should do it.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com