Revolution File Suffix

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Mar 22 17:04:20 EDT 2007

Francis,

> I develop my stacks on a Mac and then move them
> to a PC (Windows XP Pro). The .rev files display as
> RAR Recovery Volume files (I did install WINRAR
> on my PC). Is there a confusion between WINRAR
> files and Revolution files ? What can I do to solve the
> problem ?

You should be able to change the file association by right-clicking a .rev
file and using the "Open with..." command. Additionally, you should check to
see if WinRAR has an option to control what extensions it tries to take
over.

> In actual fact I don't use WINRAR, so I could sacrifice
> it, because I would like to double-click on a Revolution
> stack and immediately execute it (is this possible ?)

I highly recommend 7zip as an alternative to WinRAR. It is much cleaner
about Explorer integration, handles the major compression formats, and so
on.