Installing Ubuntu or other Linuxes

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon Mar 19 09:07:04 EDT 2007

In my last post, I recommended a short article of simple, practical
(layman's) advice for those considering the possibility of trying Linux
(or my favourite, Ubuntu) and Rev/Linux 2.6.1 for the first time.

It has now been properly presented, and you can view it at the following
URL if you are interested:

http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/installing_ubuntu_or_other_linuxes.htm

There is one other simple piece of advice I would like to offer in
addition to that given in the article. After downloading ISO files from
Ubuntu or any other source, CHECK THE BYTE COUNT IS CORRECT before
burning your CD or attempting to install.

Bob