more info

Marielle Lange mlange at widged.com
Sat Mar 17 07:23:31 EDT 2007

Bill Marriott wrote:
> That library should be at runrev.com, and actively maintained.

I guess this information is a useful one to give.

I had signed a community partner agreement with runrev about two
months ago, with the view of helping things *LIKE THIS* to happen.

I tried. I asked what was possible or not with respect to stuff like
this. I received no information. I was invited to share the
information I had collected at BETT (British Education Trade Show,
the biggest inthe UK). I did so. No interest was shown in the
information or ideas I exposed. I was proposed to become a vendor,
lobby a given school to persuade them to buy a few licenses and get
my cut out of the deal.

I signaled I was not interested in this. I asked what else was
possible. I didn't receive any clear answer. As it was too unclear to
me what my role was supposed to be and what room for action I had in
that role, I have come to choose to resign from it, a bit more than a
week ago.

I am still keen on taking up a role with runrev which would allow me
to do something positive for the education community but would
refrain from doing so till things become clearer.

In particular, in my interactions with runrev it became clear to me
that due to already great time pressure on staff, other priorities,
or I don't know what, it wouldn't be possible to set up a structure
where (1) things would be created and (2) things will be actively
maintained.

A structure exists where things can be created and be actively
maintained. This structure is called wikibooks.

Best,
Marielle

Marielle Lange (PhD),  http://widged.com
Bite-size Applications for Education