Linux-specific technical problems

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Wed Mar 14 13:27:55 EDT 2007

Sorry to pollute the UR-List with tidbits of info - I'll stop now.

In Ubuntu, as I said, if you don't specify a password in the command
line for accessing a network drive, it still works. But note the
"Password:" at the beginning of the report:
Password:
Domain=[JOHN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
  Animated GIFs                       D        0  Thu Nov  9 15:52:31 2006
  Arrows ico                          D        0  Thu Sep 21 18:40:06 2006
etc.
etc.

So now, I've been more ambitious and cut out the name of the network:

  put "smbclient \\\\john\\c -cdir" into procToDo
  put shell(procToDo) into field "test"

The result is the same as above. It works.

Just thought you might like to know.

Bob