Linux questions for Jacque

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 14 12:52:45 EDT 2007

Bob Warren wrote:

> 1. In Rev Linux 2.6.1, can foreign symbols (with accents) be printed on
> the printer or not?

I asked about this. It raised more questions. In general, there
shouldn't be any problem. Portuguese is a standard western Linux font
and it should print correctly. If you are having trouble, they'd need to
know:

How are you printing? Are you printing the card using "open printing",
"print", "close printing", or are you using revPrintField or revPrintText?

Does the text in the field display correctly? (I told them I assumed so.)

What is the name of the font you are using?

Are you setting the unicodeText of the field or just putting the text in
normally?

How is the printout corrupted? When you do a print job, in what way is
it incorrect?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com