Launching the Calculator

Mark Greenberg markgreenberg at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 09:13:08 EDT 2007

Two students of mine are building a stack to give learners some
practice with the concepts of mean, median, mode, quartiles, and
range.  They asked me whether they could have a button in their stack
that launches the calculator that comes with windows (chiefly so the
students can add and divide for mean).  So I'm asking the list
members.  Keep in mind that these students have less than 2 hours so
far of programming experience whatsoever, so shell commands and
externals would be too much for them.  They are working on Windows XP
to compile for Windows.

An alternative would be for them to create their own calculator
within the stack or as a substack.  They only have three weeks to
finish this project, so I was hoping to avoid that rout.

Thanks in advance,

	Mark Greenberg