shell() in a separate thread with callback message at exit?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Mar 11 06:53:17 EDT 2007

This is an important feature request - no?

I am not sure how to do this - I have suspected you may be able to do this
with some clever shell scripting - but not cracked it for things that you
need results from. You can put a shell into the background using "&" ie
think, and you could look into the "screen" command, but the only ways I
figured on doing this properly is to have a separate program running and
executing the shell. This program can then talk to Rev using sockets or some
other technique.