Code like a girl...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Mar 5 23:09:26 EST 2007

Mark,

you know, I do think like that too. My little list function, a silly
function I built out of necessity is the very best and most elegant
function I ever wrote.

function list
     local tList
     repeat with x = 1 to paramcount()
       put param(x) & cr after tList
     end repeat
     delete char -1 of tList
     return tList
end list

  It does a simple thing, it picks an arbitrary number of parameters
and return them as a cr delimited list, very good for looping things
such as years. I don't know if that classifies as "girl code" but I
think that function is at least cute.

sometimes I read code by some luminaries here on the list that look
so fine that I want to print them and stack them on my wall... I
actually did that once with some scheme code which was the only time
I understood what call/cc did.

Cheers
andre