XP and Vista question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Mar 2 22:20:45 EST 2007

Just so no one thinks I *hate* Apple...

I own a ton of iPods, my Wife has 2, my daughter 1, and myself 2. They
just have the best design and software, hands down of anyone else. I
just never purchase music from their store. While I'm not all that
comfortable using a Mac, I own 2 of them, including a recent MacBook
which IMO is a screaming value at $1249. For the most part, I really
like the design as well, plus it works great with Bootcamp and
Parallels.

I think Apple and Sony still create the best designs for laptops.

Though, my Dad recently purchased a new HP Vista laptop today, and he
also got a great deal.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5200, 1.6GHz, with Centrino Technology,
2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, 17-inch WXGA+ TFT NVidia Display, 8X
DVD+/RW Drive, Windows Vista Home Premium -- Also $1249.

His is the 'very large' 17" one with full keyboard. Not really
portable, but luggable. Tested my apps on it today and for the most
part they all worked. It comes preconfigured for the primary user as
Admin-- which of course helps.