XP and Vista question

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Fri Mar 2 14:09:48 EST 2007

On 03/02/2007 at 1:28 PM, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> Actually it's kind of worse than that. Microsoft does not allow any of
> the Basic or Home versions to be used in virtualilzed environments. You
> need to purchase the Business or Ultimate version to allow for that
> (BTW, they're getting a lot of heat for that, which they *should* IMHO).

I love running virtual machines too, but how is this any different than
what Apple is doing? I have discussed virtialization of OS X with
representatives of Parallels. Their response is that they have the
technology to do it but Apple just won't let them. If Apple can make a
business decision to control virtialization of their OS, why can MS not do
the same? I understand that Apple is a smaller company trying to increase
market share -for hardware-, but they are doing so by making someone elses
product work with their product. In all fairness, both companies have the
legal right to prevent their product from working on a competitive
architecture IMHO.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>