AW: The Art of Dissolving Splash Screens

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Fri Jun 29 10:00:46 EDT 2007

one can stuff almost anything - images, scripts, stylesheets into a dll file
and then use these resources through res:// protocol. Occasionally I used
Microsoft's HTA (Html application) technology before I found Revolution. It
allows to develop an application using html/css/javascript+activex, create
the "front" start.hta that loads and uses all the things (stylesheets,
javascripts, bitmaps) on request from whatever.dll like a <href=
res://mysoft.dll/GUI/SOFT_SQL">SQL query</a>.

Drawback of HTA is that it is MS Windows only and patented by Microsoft, so
unlikely to become multiplatform. However Adobe with its AIR somehow managed
to overcome patenting issues and is releasing similar thing for all
platforms.

 Viktoras