OT: Writing to Win programm files dir?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jun 29 09:23:52 EDT 2007

Hello, I have read (but not deep enough) that you may not or should not
write into files in the programm files / subdir directory on Win Vista
because of user rights management / virtual store or something like this. Is
this really a bad style or even a KO, which brakes something and you should
only use the application data directory for INI files and stuff like this,
or can I just go on, keeping everything thight together in my program files
folder?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with this

Tiemo