AW: The Art of Dissolving Splash Screens

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Jun 29 01:04:24 EDT 2007

One of the neatest features of working with the splash screen method
is that in MacOSX, you can create the splash screen standalone once,
and from then on one can work in the IDE with the code INSIDE the
standalone package.

Add, subtract stacks at will, and all the paths will stay the same,
too. The only downside I have with it is that backup software will
look at the package date, not the date of stack files within the
package. So the stack files inside need their own system of backup.

You can even test the standalone package as an app, while at the same
time the same files are standing by inside the IDE. (I do quit the
standalone for code editing) This is the fastest
compile-run-test-change-compile turnaround in the business, bar none.

With all due respect to Chipp, I really like the Mac application
package system. You can put EVERYTHING you need in one, nice, clean
package. Stacks, sounds, picture files, movie files, everything.
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o