PDF Manual

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jun 27 10:36:28 EDT 2007

The file lost it's association with its application.
Open file info for the file and look for the "Open with" popup.

Your method of upgrading was probably to blame. In OSX you can't just
finder-copy all the files back into a volume and expect them to all
work. You need to use a utility like carbon copy cloner
http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html  (free) or
FoldersSynchronizer (paid) from root.

The MacOS installer could have done all of this for you -- move the
files, set all your settings, and create a clean system.

MacOS X cannot be treated like Mac OS9 when it comes to moving files
around. Permissions have to be just right. (it's UNIX, ok?)

The disk utility in Utilites can fix the permissions.

This is really beyond the scope of this list and all this info is
online elsewhere.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o