Cached by Google

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 03:33:54 EDT 2007

"Twaddle" or not, my original posting under this
heading demonstrates, if nothing else, the large gap
between what is said about "protecting people's
rights" (and, despite Rawls and so on, one should
remember that 'rights' have no objective reality) and
what actually happens is vast.

There are a number of postings on the web floating
around about various things I got up to in Germany
about 20 years ago (!); I believe that they
misrepresent what I was doing quite badly. I saw them
first in 1993, and they are still around (they are to
do with my "previous life" as a cult-deprogrammer).

So, what do I do?

Well, they are there; and people can read them and
form their own opinions - I have no qualms about what
I did.
So, everytime somebody brings these matters up;
depending on the circumstances I either:

1. Say nothing and smile,

2. Say "Well I feel fine",

or

3. Go into a long and slightly pompus disquisition
about morality, laws and rights.

What is perhaps the most interesting fact about this
situation of mine is that I continue to lead a happy
life, while the miserable sausages who have been
posting incorrect things about me don't seem to be
doing so terribly well.

So, the fact that "sunny-Jim" has smeared "poo" around
the internet about various hard-working individuals
should not really fuss anybody unduly.

I suspect that all that "sunny-Jim" has done in the
long run is damaged himself.

After all; its "untrue poo": isn't it?

Outside it is a lovely day; I'm off for a walk in the
park, breathe the fresh air and watch the wonderful
panoply of life!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.