character to justify text

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jun 27 00:07:27 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi JB,
>
> I must
> admit that of all the things that need to be done with software, full
> justification of text is probably on the bottom of the "features
> list". You've expressed your "wants"; now I'd drop it and go on to
> more productive things if I were you.

Joe,

Nice to hear about your new promotion to arbitrator of  what features need
to be added to Rev. And, please don't order any PIZZA for me as I may like
mine a bit different from yours.

JB,
I've actually built my own text rendering engine (and bitmap text font
editor) which can be found in ButtonGadget. I think your best bet would be
either:
1) use a monospace font and pad spaces between words or;
2) use the HTMLtext feature to insert very small bits of whitespace between
words.

I understand why you would want to do justified text. I want it too for
products like Hemingway and ButtonGadget. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
we'll see a full text field object with these types of features in Rev one
day.

best,
Chipp