Player/Image Object "always buffer" Problems

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Jun 20 08:09:04 EDT 2007

Hi Scott,

This is weird, it doesn't work here. What happens if you set
"alwaysBuffer" to true?

I don't understand a couple of things about your snippet:

>    set the currentTime of player 1 to (F * the timeScale of player 1)

In my case the timeScale is 600, so frame number * timeScale would
give values that are way off. I multiple by 24 which is (timeScale /
FramesPerSecond = 24). In this case FPS is 25 (I'm hardwiring this at
the moment since I can't find out how to get this info from the player).

>    set text of img _display to myVar

is there a difference between this and:

  put myImageData into image "ImageThumbnail"

It would be nice to know what "alwaysBuffer" actually does. It could
be that there is an old copy of the buffer being used, or RunRev
doesn't think the image has changed.

Thanks a lot,
All the Best
Dave